INKnBURN

INKnBURN

Saturday, March 7, 2015

StitchFix February/March 2015

I don't get StitchFix every month because my closet is getting full of beautiful things. But, I was in a bit of a shopping frenzy recently and was disappointed with another clothing subscription, so I went for it.

StitchFix is a styling service. You set up your profile on-line and you can set it up to receive a "fix" monthly, or like me ... whenever the mood strikes. For each fix, I pay a $20 styling fee and I receive 5 items to try on at home. I can keep or return whatever I want and shipping is free both ways. If I keep everything, it's a 25% discount off the total. And, yes, the styling fee is applied towards what I keep. The more fixes I've done, the better my results. I left a note for my stylist that I was going to Cirque du Soleil and wanted something cool to wear, in addition to more color in my closet.


Jocelyn hit a home run!!!
Jocelyn wrote me a very nice note. She took notice that I had asked for some color since I have a pretty black and white and grey wardrobe. It also seems as if she took into account feedback from previous fixes. And, she gave me two options for Cirque du Soleil.

The first of the two options was a more classic look. I love this dress. Often this style of dress has a very straight skirt and I'm hippy, so it hugs the hips in all the wrong places. This dress is fitted at the top and has a little A-line to skirt. Not a flare, but enough to give a little flounce and avoid the wrong curves. It's lightweight and has a bit of stretch. When I don't have to wear a uniform, this will be great to wear to work.

The second Cirque du Soleil Option had more color. I've noticed that Skies are Blue that I've received before has similar soft stretchy fabrics. I know you can't tell from the picture on the hangar, but this also has a very nice drape and a lot of color. The knotted waistline really cinches the waist. I love wrap looks and even though it isn't a wrap, it give a similar structure. This was my plan for Cirque du Soleil. But, I ran a half marathon the day before and my feet were too puffy for the shoes I had packed. So, sadly, this wasn't worn and I went to the show in jeans and a sweater. But, I will get good use out of this dress. Also, I have to point out, neither dress was too short. A lot of dresses lately seem to be thigh length and I'm to "mature" for minis. So, I was quite happy to have 2 dresses that hit just above the knee. I don't have to wear tights and pretend they are tunics.



What a great blouse. Goes well with my existing wardrobe, but adds a hint of color. It  has a nice little A-line to it and I would be comfortable wearing this with jeans, a skirt, or as a blouse under a suit or blazer.


I would normally eschew a dolman sleeve. I've thought they look a bit ... well ... matronly. But, I really like this one when it's on. It's better on a person than a hanger. It has a really nice easy fit and bunches at the hip. The color didn't come out well in the picture, but it's a soft light mossy sagey green. The fabric feels really soft and silky and I will get so much use out of this during the spring. I love the solid color that will go well with a scarves or necklaces ... long or chunky.



And finally, what is probably my favorite item in the fix, but the least expected. I don't really wear bracelets a lot. I'm still learning about accessories and it's a big deal for me to change earrings or necklaces. But, I really love this cuff. It's absolutely beautiful. I did wear it to Cirque du Soleil and I bet I wear it a lot. It hasn't made it to the jewelry cabinet yet. It's all individual "wires" that are connected.

So, I kept everything and paid $183.50 (in addition to the styling fee) and that included the 25% discount for keeping everything ... again. I was so happy with this fix that I ordered my next one already. It arrives 2 days before my birthday and before I go to my high-school reunion. I hope Jocelyn does my next fix and requested her on my comments.








No comments:

Post a Comment