INKnBURN

INKnBURN

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Rock N Roll San Antonio 10K 2015

So ... you know I'm a big fan of extra bling. So ... Remix challenge? Extra medal? OK.  Friday I snuck out of work a little early and met Sorority Girl at the Expo. I changed into INKnBURN because it's way better than my BDUs. Picked up packet for the race weekend and we explored the expo. Tested some gear. Bought some gear that I probably don't need. Tried not to get suckered into buying things I definitely don't need. Some of the folks are pushy. Said hello to some friends. Signed up for next year. Didn't see Meb. Time goes really really fast.
  Saturday morning, got up early, I don't know what time. Drove to Sorority Girl's house and her hubs drove us to the Alamodome. We wandered, found corrals, used porta potties. Finished coffee. Used porta potties again. Yes, I need the pre-race coffee to take care of certain pre-race needs. Found a spot in a crowded corral. It's packed with people.
 Eventually our time came. I swear it takes a good 20-30 minutes to get us across and I'm not even in the back of the pack. Our plan had been to take it super easy today so we didn't hurt tomorrow. Both of us have been battling chronic injuries. We were both in holiday versions of INKnBURN and we did get tons of compliments. No surprise. INKnBURN is the best!!! Comfortable, wicking, made in the USA, and C.U.T.E.

I freely admit, I don't actually remember much of this race. It was crowded, I think, most of the 6.2 miles. Nothing particularly spectacular or terrible. It just ... was.

We finished by the Alamo and got a few pics before calling to ask the Musician to come pick us up.













No comments:

Post a Comment