INKnBURN

INKnBURN

Monday, May 25, 2015

Little Lace Box Serendipity May 2015


You may have read my reviews of Little Lace Box before. I really like this subscription because it is different from others. All boxes are curated around a theme and you can really tell the three sisters that designed this company put a lot of themselves in each package. They exploded and had a few growing pains in the past few months. They handled them in an amazing way. They made an announcement in April, that they were going to a bi-monthly subscription, but that current subscribers would get a little surprise in May ... what a surprise it was!!!

In the process of searching for items for their curated boxes, they come across items that just don't fit the theme, but that they love and want to share. So ... the luck that takes the form of finding valuable or pleasant things ...found itself as the Serendipity pouch. The Serendipity pouch will be sent on the months that the Little Lace Box is not. The cost of the subscription is $9.99 per month. While they are working out the kinks, the sisters are sending this to current subscribers for free. It's these things that really show the personal touch, and that they really care, that make all the difference. And, all the products and related items are available on the website.
First in the  pouch, was a set of Ofra Cosmetics products. I have only learned about Ofra recently in subscription boxes. Ingredients are natural, organic, plant-based and animal friendly (which makes me happy). Although not strictly vegan as color tints often have an insect base, but I'm not as worried about insects for some reason. Maybe because they aren't as cute and cuddly (except bees and silkworms, I care about them). I have actually tried the eyebrow pencil ... and I don't usually use an eyebrow pencil and was impressed with the way it shaded my red (thin) eyebrows pretty naturally. The lip gloss is dark plum and I like it. I have always been a little dark. I haven't used the lip liner because I'm just scared of lip liners and looking funny.
 Next was Bella Ink hand-made greeting card. I really like hand-made cards so this will be in my rotation.

And finally, Brode Electrolye Vitamin. I keep thinking I'll give this a try for a long run or bike day. I am always looking for a good balance. But, I have to admit, I'm not sure I will notice a difference with a single use. Worth a try though. 






So, what do I think? Well, what a nice surprise it was!!! I love the name. I love the idea. I love that for now it's free. And, with a value of $46.90, even if I had paid for it, I would have felt like I got a great deal. I have been won over and will remain loyal to Little Lace Box and Serendipity for a long time. 

P.S. They announced the August theme for Little Lace Box. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. They don't usually give spoilers, but they will be giving hints on their Facebook page. I can't wait and I haven't even received June. 

No comments:

Post a Comment